It’s not often that a therapist would recommend attending someone else’s training but this is one I couldn’t go passed. The Gottman Institute has been researching and helping couples to strengthen their relationships for the past 40 years. This course is now coming to Perth through Relationship Institute Australia. If you have ever heard anyone speaking about the 4 Horsemen of the Marriage Apocolypse – criticism, stonewalling, defensiveness and contempt – this is because of John Gottman’s work.
My husband and I said that we would do a course every year to strengthen our relationship. So far in 13 years of marriage we have made it to one. This will be our second.
The course covers how to:
- Foster respect, affection, and closeness
- Build and share a deeper connection with each other’s inner world
- Keep conflict discussions calm
- Break through and resolve conflict gridlock
- Strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship
It is being held at the Novotel on the 9th and 10th of July. Research shows that this course is like doing six months of couple therapy in a weekend. Check it out at gottman.com/events/couples-workshop-perth-wa/